Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Hot, Hot, HOT Day

My God(dess) it was hot today. Stockton is currently in the grip of it's annual summer heatwave and I heard on the news it reached 110*F today. I would convert that into metric Celsius, but it's just to damn hot.

I also learned that hot weather makes a lot of people crazy and stupid. AT&T's (T) stock fell 2.55% today, even though the new generation iPhone debuts this coming Friday, and is now trading near it's 52 week low. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I used the opportunity to scoop up some more shares, and my total position in "T" is currently 123 shares worth about $3,950.76. This stock pays a nice comfortable dividend of 4.9%. Try to find that in a bank. I plan on holding onto this stock for a while. Till it reaches $40.33/share. This will give me a "Keeping Profit" of $1,000.00. I can then sell the shares necessary to get out my principle which will then be invested in something else. I did it with McDonald's, I've done it with AT&T, and I think the next stock I'll do it with is Unilever. I'll talk about Unilever in more detail another day. It's just hot, and not in a good way, to go on. So, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in Portland, silly! It is 80 degrees. Oh my God, I am so glad to be away from the Valley. But I am sad to hear you are suffering. I will be back in time to help you move.