Friday, July 11, 2008

A Brief Hiatus

Tomorrow I start the move to my new apartment, so for the next couple of days, I won't be posting anything for a while. Hopefully I'll be back up and running on Monday, 7/14/08, or at the very latest by Tuesday, 7/15/08.

Not much to talk about at the moment anyway. I have decided to go to the Folsom Street Faire in September (my first time), and I may have to postpone my chili feed at Club Paradise as it conflicts to closely with the I.S.J.D.E's Chili Cook-Off Contest, but I still want to go through with that. I'll try and contact Chris Davis (the owner of the Paradise) and see if I can start it in August instead. I'll keep you informed.

I gotta run now. So many things to get packed up before the movers get here. I decided to hire movers rather than rent a U-Haul so as not to inconvenience my friends. Besides, if all of them actually did have to wash their hair that day, the California water shortage might reach a critical stage. My friend Greg is helping me though (he actually volunteered).

Later everybody, but before I go, let me tell you a little story. Before I started posting this blog, I would send out e-mails to my friends whenever a thought I wanted to share occurred to me. Now I do the same thing on my blog.

Earlier today, I happened to overhear part of a conversation between two of my co-workers about one of our bosses. I didn't get all the details, and it's not important to my story anyway, but one of my co-workers remarked that the boss in question was acting incredibly insensitive. As soon as I heard that, I thought of the song by the same name, "Insensitive", by Jan Arden. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaSDEUITIfk.

No comments: