Sunday, April 26, 2009

Almond Celery Bake with Mushrooms

I made a special dinner last night for my roommate Greg, and a friend of his who suffers from Crhon's Disease. I did some research on the condition (thank you World Wide Web) to find out more about the condition and what foods could be eaten comfortably. Say what you will about me, but I try to NEVER kill a dinner guest with my cooking (and so far never have), at least not accidentally.

Anyway, I decided to fix a Cranberry Pork Roast and as a side dish, an Almond Celery Bake with Mushrooms, and it is the later recipe I decided to share with you today.

Almond Celery Bake with Mushrooms
  • 1 bunch of celery, sliced (about 5 to 6 cups)
  • 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used a Jalapeno variety last night)
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
  • 1 cup soft bread crumbs (I used an Italian seasoned variety last night)
  • 1/2 lbs sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  1. Place the celery in a greased (Pam will do) 2 quart baking dish with a cover.
  2. Place the mushrooms over the celery and cover with the shredded cheese.
  3. Sprinkle paprika and pepper over the cheese and top with the cream of mushroom soup.
  4. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
  5. Cover and bake at 375*f for 45 minutes, uncover ad sprinkle with the almonds.
  6. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

This dish yields about 10 to 12 servings. As always, eat and enjoy.

I hope you all find this dish as tasty as I, Greg, and all the friends that came to dinner last night did.

No comments: