Monday, December 26, 2011

Crockpot Spinach Casserole

I've come to the realization that ever since I joined Facebook, I just don't post here in my blog all that much anymore, and I don't know if that makes me sad, glad, or indifferent.

However it makes me feel, I'll still come here as often as I can to post a new recipe, or whenever whatever I have to say is just too much for a Facebook post.

Such is the case today.

I came across this recipe recently while thumbing through an old 'Taste of Home' magazine my grandmother once had and thought I would give it a try. Since so much of my time these days is taken up with work, the gym, or the theatre, I found it to be a real time saver, and quite tasty as well. I hope you enjoy it at much as I did, and please, feel free to add your own 'ala (insert your name here)' touches and let me know how it came out.


CROCKPOT SPINACH CASSEROLE



  • 2 boxes frozen spinache, thawed and drained

  • 2 1/2 cups cottage cheese

  • 1/3 cup margarine

  • 3 eggs, beaten

  • 1/4 cup flour

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 1/4 tsp pepper


  1. Lightly grease your crockpot slowcooker (I used an olive oil non-stick spray from Western Family)

  2. Mix together all ingredients and spoon into your crockpot

  3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours

It's just that simple, and as always, eat and enjoy.

No comments: