Sunday, November 1, 2009

Crescent Cookies

Hi, Everybody. The recipe I present this month is a little different.

In honor of the season, not just Halloween but Dia de Los Muertos I dug up (No, I'm not trying to do a bad impression of the Crypt Keeper) this recipe from one of my grandmother's old cookbooks from the 1950s. I hope you enjoy the result as much as I always did.

CRESCENT COOKIES
  • 1 cup finely ground almonds
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 2 drops almond extract
  • 1/2 cup butter (or margarine), softened
  • 1 egg yolk (just the yolk).
  1. Combine almonds, flour, sugar and extract until thoroughly mixed.
  2. With your hands, work in the butter and egg yolk until well blended.
  3. Chill the dough in your refrigerator for about 3 hours or so.
  4. Preheat your oven to 350*F.
  5. Pinch off pieces of dough about the size of a walnut and shape into crescents.
  6. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.

I like eating these with a nice, chilled white zinfandel wine.

As always, eat and enjoy.

No comments: