Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Quick Skillet Chicken & Macaroni Parmesean

I know it's been a while since my last recipe, and I know I promised to start a weekly recipe feature, but with one thing and another going on in my life lately, it just kept slipping my mind.

I hope you can forgive me, and I hope you'll enjoy the recipe I now present for your epicurean delight.

My grandmother used to save the lables from the cans of Cambell's Soup whenever they had a recipe she hadn't already saved, and she saved a LOT of recipies.

This one, I found on the Cambell's Soup website (you can follow the link)but gave it an "ala Wesley" twist.

Quick Skillet Chicken & Macaroni Parmesan
  • 1 jar (1 lb, 10 oz) Prego (or your favorite brand) traditional Italian sauce
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (canned is fine, just drain the liquid before using)
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 packet taco seasoning*
  1. Heat the sauce, 3 tbsp of the Parmesan cheese, chicken and macaroni in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat to a boil.
  2. Reduce the heat to medium, add the contents of the taco seasoning and shredded mozzarella. Mix well.
  3. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally.
  4. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese and let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

This dish will serve 6 and makes great leftovers for lunch.

As always, eat and enjoy.

*The extra "ala Wesley" I spoke of.

No comments: