Sunday, August 17, 2008

Green Beans with Parsley & Garlic

Hi Everybody. As promised, today I'm posting the vegetable course for my "Sunday At Home Dinner" to be served August 31, 2008, here in my home at 6:00 PM. I had hoped to auction off the three place settings and help the I.S.J.D.E. raise some much needed money, but no one has placed a bid yet, though there was some interest from Art Sanderson from Chico, California. So, instead of an auction, I thought instead to invite the newly elected Royal Grand Duchess So'Horney Beaver and Royal Grand Duke Jimmy Alvarado (sorry by the way if I misspelled your names) to dinner on that night. Since I wont be able to make it to their Royal Ducal Investitures, I thought this would be a good way to apologize. They are both fine people, and I hope to have a good working relationship with them and their court for the coming year of their reign.

Now, down to the recipe;

GREEN BEANS with PARSLEY & GARLIC
  • 1 pound green beans with the stem ends trimmed
  • 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil (e.v.o.o.)
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp grated lemon zest
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh, flat-leaf parsley
  • coarse salt and ground pepper
  1. In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
  2. In same pot, heat 2 tsp e.v.o.o. over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook for about 2 minutes. Return beans to pot.
  3. Add lemon zest and juice, remaining 2 tsp of the e.v.o.o., and parsley.
  4. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and serve immediately.

As always, eat and enjoy.

I'm really looking forward to receiving my dinner guests 8/31/08, and even plan to add a video element in the form on an interview with So'Horney and Jimmy. I do so hope they can make it.

No comments: