Friday, April 9, 2010

Crockpot Ham Tetrazzini

I hope you all had a good Easter. I had a great one. My roommates parents and older brother came up from Los Angeles for a visit and Easter brunch, and one of the things I made was a glazed ham.

I was going to go to HoneyBaked for one of their spiral cut hams at first, but as it turns out, the store in Stockton, California is closed Sundays and Mondays. So, I had to buy a ham at the store and used a quick glaze of mustard and brown sugar (equal amounts) and baked it at 350*F for 90 minutes.

Now, since it was a rather large ham, I had a LOT of leftover meat, and was bored by the prospect of ham and eggs for breakfast and ham sandwiches for the rest of April (did I mention it was a LARGE ham?). So, I did a little research as to what I could so with the leftovers and in this issue, with a few of my own little "ala Wesley" touches, will be giving you the recipe for -

(You will need a 5 quart crock-pot for this dish)

CROCK-POT HAM TETRAZZINI with ELBOW MACARONI
  • 4 cans (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 lb leftover Easter ham
  • 8 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1 cup white Zinfandel wine
  • 1 16 oz package elbow macaroni
  • 6 tbsp melted margarine
  1. Combine all ingredients except macaroni and butter in a large, 5 quart crock-pot, stir well.
  2. Cover and cook at low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
  3. Just before serving, cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain and toss with the melted margarine.
  4. Stir into the ham mixture in the slow-cooker.

I think you'll find this dish both satisfying and yum-yum-yummy!!!

As always my wonderful readers, eat and enjoy.

No comments: