Sunday, November 11, 2012

Friendly Brownies

I have been away from my Tao for a long time, but I'm back, and hope you like this new recipe. I thought about posting it for some time now, and it's for all my friends who are Type I or Type II diabetics. I cannot claim credit for creating it of course, but I did do the research all by myself and found it, and shouldn't that count for something? :)

 
 
NO-GUILT BROWNIES
 
 
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled
  • 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
  1. Place the egg whites, cottage cheese and vanilla in a blender, cover and process until smooth.
  2. Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; add to cottage cheese mixture. Cover and process for 30 seconds.
  3. Add the chocolate; cover and process just until blended (about 15 seconds).
  4. Spread into an 8" square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
  5. Bake at 350*F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (Do not over bake)
  6. Cool on a wire rack.
  7. Dust with confectiners' sugar.
  8. Cut into bars.
And as always, eat and enjoy.
 

 

No comments: