Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nutrisystem: Day 4

I had a great time at the Alameda Ducal Coronation event in Hayward last night. Everything was so nice, and everyone so elegant, especially Ella Gaunt (sorry If I spelled that wrong by the way). The only thing that detracted from the evening was a few people (and one in particular) who got way to drunk (again) and started acting the fool. Acting hell, this person was a fool! Some people shouldn't be allowed to drink if they cannot handle their alcohol and should be reminded that being drunk in public is as much a crime as driving drunk. Aside from that though, all was wonderful.

I especially liked the food. As you all should know by now, I started on Nutrisystem recently (this is the beginning of "Day 4") but didn't take my specially prepared and packaged food with me. I did however remember some of the advice in the meal planner and limited my choice of food to those items NOT served in gravy, had just a little of the pasta dish (pasta is a wonderful low glycemic carb index food), only sampled one each of the three different types of cookies, and I kept my liquids to either water or orange juice. The result being that this morning, I weighed in at 251.5 lbs, which is just 1.5lbs more than I weighed yesterday. Not bad really.

Speaking of cookies by the way, I know the person who baked those served at the function last night went to a lot of trouble preparing all that food, but I found them to be dry and tasteless. If they ask for it, I'll be happy to give them my grandmother's recipe for peanut butter cookies or her oatmeal raisin cookies. My chocolate-chip recipe (Wesley Toll House) gets buried with me though.

I'll have pictures from the event last night later tonight. Not much else to talk about at the moment. So, I'll have my breakfast, get cleaned up, and get more of my appartment cleaned up and my stuff unboxed and put away.

Don't worry though. If anything else comes up, I'll keep you informed.

No comments: