Friday, December 25, 2009

Pork Roast Dinner

This recipe is not the "Recipe of the Month" for January. That one is coming in just over a week on January 3rd, 2010.

This is sort of a special "Bonus Recipe" I'm posting because I wanted to try something different. If you read to the bottom, you'll see I've also added a video element that shows me actually preparing the dish in question.

This is a new feature, and if it gets a good response, I plan on including a video element for all future recipes and past recipes that are specially requested.

Pork Roast Dinner
  • 1 pound red potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, stems removed
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
  • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
  • 1 medium parsnip, chopped
  • 1 white onion, chopped
  • 1 pork roast (about 3 lbs)
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  1. Place vegetables in a 5 quart crock pot. Remember to use a crock pot liner (no unsafe cooking).
  2. Place the pork roast on top of the vegetables and the mushrooms around the roast.
  3. Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the pork roast.
  4. Pour the chicken broth over the pork roast.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or until meat is tender).

One last thing, please ignore my comment about a "Part One". I have no cameraman, had to do the filming and cooking at the same time, and didn't really know what I was saying. Still, I think you'll enjoy it.

No comments: