Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tortilla Pie with Chicken

Before I begin with today's recipe (Your 3rd dish out of 1 chicken) I have to tell you all something. Sometimes your cooking mistakes can yeild unexpectedly wonderful results.

I made the chicken soup today, and after removing the chicken (which melted off the bone) decided to add some wide egg noodles. Well, I boiled the whole bag (12 oz) and after draining put them in the soup mixture. It turned out to be more noodles that I thought I wanted. Way more.

It turned out though to be wonderfully delicious. I'd say "magically", but I think that phrase is copy written. Now, onto today's recipe;

Tortilla Pie with Chicken
  • 12 (6") corn tortillas, toasted
  • 2 cups cooked, shredded dark-meat chicken from the soup recipe
  • 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
  • 1 1/2 cups Greed or Red Salsa
  • 1 cup sour cream (or you can substitute Imo instead)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 375*f
  2. In an 8" square baking dish, layer 4 tortillas, 1 cup chicken, 1/4 cup chilies, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/3 cup sour cream or Imo, and /12 cup cheese; repeat once.
  3. Top with remaining cheese.
  4. Bake until top is browned and bubbling, about 30 to 40 minutes.

Serves 4

As always, eat and enjoy.

No comments: