Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chicken Parisienne

It's been a while, I know since the last time I posted anything on my blog, let alone my "Recipe of the Month", but I've been sooooo busy lately with work, and my life after the imperial court (Did I mention I got a supporting part in the Stockton Community Theatre's production of "Annie Get Your Gun?).

Anyway, here is my latest contribution to the world of epicurean delights;

CHICKEN PARISIENNE
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs) cubed*
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken (or better yet, cream of chicken mushroom with garlic) soup, undiluted
  • 2 cans (4 oz each) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 cup sour cream (or IMO sour cream substitute)
  • 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
  1. Place the chicken in your crock-pot (3 - 5 quart size) and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
  2. Add soup, mushrooms and wine to slow cooker; mix well.
  3. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
  4. Add sour cream or sour cream substitute during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
  5. Serve over the noodles that are cooked separately.

As always, eat and enjoy.

*To make it easier to cube your chicken, place it in the freezer till frozen. Then defrost in the microwave for about 1 minute at 50% power. You'll be amazed at how well it slices.

No comments: