Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Arts, Crafts, and Other Stuff

It's the I.S.J.D.E.'s monthly bingo tomorrow night, and I'm really looking forward to it more than usual this month.

Aside from the fact that it's being hosted by my friend and neighbor, Greg Ruiz, I'm also hoping my efforts to get more people to come to the bingo game will prove successful.

The prize I'll be donating is a very special gift basket, containing 4 of my special spice blends. Well, technically, they're not "my" spice blends, but I am making them myself from recipes provided by Martha Stewart (Hail Martha).

They are, in no particular order of preference;
  1. Chinese Five Spice
  2. Cajun
  3. Tex-Mexicali
  4. Spicy Chicken & Poultry

I'm also planning to bake a batch of my semi-famous "Wesley Toll House Cookies", which everyone loves.

If you're reading this, I hope it entices you to come down to Club Paradise, 10100 North Lower Sacramento Road, Stockton, California, on 7/3/08 at 8:00 PM for the charity bingo game. One card costs $4.00, 6 cards cost $20.00, after the halfway point, the cards cost $2.00 each, and for the blackout game, $1.00.

Not much else to talk about right now. So I'm gonna get the cookies made and go to bed. I have Friday, July 4th off, and I have to get all my stuff ready for my move on July 12th. Also, on July 20th, I'm going to be trying something new. I'll be cooking a big batch of my award winning chilli and some of my jalapeno cheese corn bread and selling it at beer bust at Club Paradise for $5/bowl to help the I.S.J.D.E. raise money for our charity donations. I hope I'll see you for beer bust as well. I'll be taking lots of pictures at both bingo and beer bust and adding them to my blog as soon as I can.

Till next time everybody, keep reading the greatest blog in the world, mine.

No comments: