Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Stock Named After Me!

I nearly fell off my chair and laughed my ass off, but a new IPO (initial public offering) was listed today, for a company called Western Gas Partners, and it's proposed trading symbol is going to be WES! I was planning on making a conditional offer to purchase (COTP) even before I saw that, but the symbol sealed the deal.

Why was I going to try and buy this stock? Well, lets look at the facts. With the price of oil over $120/barrel, and most analysts stating it will get to $200/barrel, natural gas becomes a very popular, much less expensive alternative, and like my investment in Pioneer Southwest Partners (PSE), it is a limited partnership and will pay a very nice dividend.

My investment in Intrepid Potash, Inc. (IPI) is doing very well, and surged $1.29/share, or 2.66% today, for a total paper profit of $1,779.00. I'm just hoping it keeps going up till I can finally sell the stock. I'd keep some of it if it paid a dividend, but, sadly, no dividend.

I'll keep you informed as to future investments I make, in case you diced you want to make any investments yourself, and remember, nothing is more expensive than regret.

No comments: