Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fresno's Coronation

I just got back from Fresno's Coronation, 2008, and wanted to tell you all what a good time I had. The food was exceptionally tasty, so delicious in fact that it went VERY quickly. The production numbers and other entertainment were also very good, though I must admit a small amount of disappointment over part of it. The sets for the coronation event had the names of some of my favorite Broadway shows, including "Gypsy", written on the 'billboards', but none of the songs or scenes from those shows was performed. The only other problem I saw with the evening was the lack of sufficient tables. They had plenty of chairs, but not enough tables to put them in, so I had to squeeze in between two other people at an already crowded table. Overall though, the night has to be ruled a success, and Patsy Del Rey, and all those who helped her, can be very, very proud.

The new empress of Fresno de Madera is my good friend Divalicious, supported by the new emperor, Anthony, and if either of you are reading this, let me say now, if you ever need my help, just say when.

The next event I'm attending will be the "Shake & Bake" hosted by Seneca Greenwood and the Imperial Court of Alameda on Saturday, June 7th. I have some ideas for the baking contest I'm cooking up in my head, including . . . well, lets leave it a surprise. But suffice it to say, with all due modesty, I think I may have a pretty good chance of winning the top prize. On June 8th, at Club Paradise in Stockton, Sammy Van Gelder will be hosting a fundraiser that also promises to be a blast. I've heard though that it's all live performances though, so the dedicated lypsycers should brush up on their karaoke skills.

That's all I have to write about for now, but I'll leave you with this. Remember when I said that "Gypsy" was one of my favorite shows? Here is a little something from YouTube. It's my favorite scene from one of my favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvFZ0yyDbAU&feature=related

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Fresno sounds like it was a fun coronation. I really wish I could have gone. Maybe you took a picture or two.