Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ka-Ching!!!!!

I sold my stock in Intrepid Potash, Inc. (IPI) today. All 100 shares at the price of $45.252/share, for an after commission and fees total of $4,516.22. After you subtract the initial purchase price of $3,200.00, I made a profit (Does that make me sound like a Ferengi?) of $1,316.22! Not bad for just a few days over one month.

I put $16.22 of my profits in a state & federal tax exempt bond fund and the remaining $1,300.00 of my profits, I've left in the cash portion of my portfolio till I decide on my next investment.

That's the hard part. Deciding what to invest in next, and not letting my emotions and greed get the better of me and carry me away to a place where I put my money in whatever looks hot at the moment.

I don't have anything else to say just now. My mind is all jumbled up. I am giddy with the size of my first really successful investment.

If I think of anything else to say, I'll keep you informed.

I've decided, by the way, after reading over this post before hitting the publish button, that yes, I do sound like a Ferengi. But guess what boys and girls, I don't care!

No comments: