Friday, May 16, 2008

Couldn't Sleep Again (1)

I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, hence the title of this post. The (1) means this is the first post with this title, but not the last. Look for "Couldn't Sleep Again (1,000,000) coming soon (LOL).

I lead a very solitary, lonely life, and I hate it. I hate coming home from work, because I have no one to come home to. I hate going to bed at night, because I go to bed each night alone. I hate a lot of stuff it would seem.

I was thrilled earlier, however, when I saw and heard the news that the California Supreme Court threw out the states gay marriage ban as unconstitutional. Opponents to equality say they will push for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and define it as between one man, and one woman. Well, more power to them. The people who say they are going to do this don't seem to realize how difficult, let alone expensive, getting an amendment to the constitution passed actually is, and guess what boys and girls, we gays & lesbians, not to mention our friends and allies, tend to have a LOT more disposable income than our opponents do.

So, 30 days from yesterday (5/15/08) gay and lesbian couples, many of whom have been in stable committed relationships longer than most straight people have been, can legally marry their partners. A friend of mine made the comment that this would totally change gay culture, and I agree. You will soon see a change in the way gay men and women start dating and forming relationships. It won't be about who's got the cutest face, or the flattest tummy, or the most bubbly-butt anymore.

There is some good news for you Equal Marriage Rights opponents out their who might be reading this (what are the chances of that?). Since you are so opposed to two men (Does anyone notice how they're never that outspoken about two women) having sex, in a loving, committed relationship, remember, nothing kills sex faster than marriage. I don't speak from experience, but I wish I did.

No comments: