Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My McDonald's Milestone

I sold 130.0528 shares of my McDonald's (MCD) stock today at $61.25/share. These shares represent my principle, or original purchase amount, which means, in essence, I got back out what I put in. So now, I'm playing with the houses money.

My remaining 17 shares of MCD represent over $1,000 of pure profit. I'm keeping them for the dividend.

That's all I had to say really. It may not seem like a lot to some, but this was a big deal for me. My first $1,000 earned from stock investments.

I'm now building up positions in other companies that I feel have good potential for earning me my next thousand dollar profit mark.

I'm recommending Pepsico (PEP), General Electric (GE), and Royal Caribbean (RCL). Their are other companies I'm keeping an eye on, but these are the ones I have shares in now. They are all solid companies, with good, clean balance sheets, that pay good dividends, and an added bonus from RCL is the stock earns you all sorts of bonuses on it's ships if you own at least 100 shares of stock. I don't know if that can be taken advantage of if the cruise is through Atlantis Events, but I'm going to find out.

That's all for now. This Saturday, 5/17/08, I'm going to the C.G.N.I.E.'s Investitures ceremony in Sacramento. This time, I promise to take my camera.

No comments: