Monday, June 16, 2008

To Reno and Back Again

I just got back from my trip to Reno, NV, for the Silver Dollar Court's Coronation, 2008, and the stepping down of Emperor Gene LaPorte and Empress Pandora and although my little adventure had it's good and bad moments, it was nonetheless an event of a lifetime.

Let me start by saying I had not been to Reno before (unless you count my conception) so everything was new and exciting for me. All of the lights and activity put an electric charge in the air that is hard to describe in any other way.

I drove up early on Saturday (6/14/08) morning and arrived just in time for the tail-end of hospitality. The food was delicious and it was good to see all of the friends I've made in the court system since I first became involved (my God, had it been nearly 10 years already?). After hospitality, I went back to the hotel I was staying at, The Peppermill. That place is fan-fucking-tastic! Here are a few photos to show just how beautiful it is;

I was especially enchanted by the bathroom. I swear, when I die, I want to be buried in that bathroom! I stayed for both Saturday and Sunday, and was only able to do this because of the special comp certificate I won at the Chico Big Hair Ball which was attended by Reno's newest emperor Danniel S. Foxx who donated the prize. You have a great hotel Danniel.

Coronation later that evening was a blast. I don't have enough words to describe it, and since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are 6,000 words for your viewing pleasure;
And of course, an extra 1,000 words for the crowning moment of the evening (no pun intended);

. I have other pictures that were taken that night, as well as some from the victory brunch the next day, but I'll be posting them next time. I hope you enjoy all of these, and let me say to Emperor Daniel Surreal Foxx and Empress Hanna DuVet (sorry if I misspelled your name, send me a shout, and I'll correct the post) I wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope to be able to attend as many functions as possible in Reno in the future.

No comments: