Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank You Tim

Hello. My name is Wesley, and I am a nit-wit. I am also an incredibly lucky nit-wit.

Last night, I decided to go out to Club Paradise, located at 10100 N. Lower Sacramento Road, Stockton, CA, for company and karaoke. I got all the way there before I remembered that I had not brought any cash with me, but had brought one of my credit cards for some reason. Normally, I leave my plastic in a secret place in my apartment (I'm not telling anyone where, and I change the location every few days anyway).

Anyway, I decided to use my card to start a tab. Well, karaoke got started late last night and by the time I had had the chance to sing my song (Alison Moyet "Is This Love" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WuxxXAi56Y) it was past 10:30 PM. I try to get to bed by 9:30 PM on a work night, so after I was done, I said my goodbye's and went home.

Well, long story short (I know, "To late!") I left my credit card behind. I didn't even realize it till I decided it was time buy some gas for my car. At first I thought it had been stolen and I was just about to call The Company when I suddenly remembered I left it at Paradise.

I called the club and Tim, the head bartender, told me he was keeping it safe for me. So, I want to say "Thank you Tim. You are not only good looking on the outside, you have a beautiful soul".

Speaking of buying gas by the way, it cost me $75.00 to fill up my tank. If nothing else was needed to convince me of the wisdom of my "hyper-miling" it was that. I put in a bottle of the "STP Gas Treatment" with every fill-up, I drive 55 MPH, I take my foot off the gas when I'm going downhill and coast, I turn the engine off entirely when I know I'm going to be stationary for more than 10 seconds (it actually takes less gas to restart your car than you use letting the engine run when motionless), and I'm up to 26.3 MPG. This works out to about 421 miles on a full tank, or $0.18/per mile. I'm trying for 30 MPG. If I make it, I'll keep you informed.

No comments: