Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Just Had the Strangest Dream (1)

In the dream, I was in a restaurant or diner, a place that reminded me somewhat of The Creamery here in Stockton, CA. I was eating with some friends of mine when who should walk up to our table but Dan Savage, author, sex advice columnist, and stand-up comedian.

He sits down next to me in our booth and we begin a conversation. I ask him about his son, DJ, and partner, Terry, who he tells me is busy antiquing, and could not come down from Seattle.

Now, I have always, for as long as I could remember, what some would call prophetic dreams. That means I dream of something and it later comes to pass, though it usually takes me some time to figure out what my dreams mean, and I wonder what this one meant.

I don't think it means I'm going to meet the actual Dan Savage in The Creamery, but it could mean that I meet someone who looks like or otherwise reminds me of him. Could this be a dream about a future boyfriend? God, I hope so!

I'll keep my eyes open, and if it comes true, and the guy I meet doesn't object, I'll keep you informed.

No comments: