Monday, June 16, 2008

My Next Big Risk (Part 2)

First let me say, I'm running out of titles for my posts. Could I be growing stale and hackneyed? No, I don't think so.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you all about my next big stock market investment risk. I'm currently planning an investment in a company called Britannia Bulk Holdings, Inc. It is a company that is primarily engaged in the shipment of "dry bulk goods" like grain, coal, iron ore, and other such commodities, and in this recessionary time (Ooops, sorry. George W has stated categorically we are NOT in a recession, only an economic "slow down". The economy is in "Time-Out") commodities are king.

I've been doing a lot of research and have come across some very good data. The stock will list for an initial opening price of between $17 & $19 per share and I'm hopping to get my hands on 500 shares at the opening, which will mean an investment of between $8,500 and $9,500 for a minimum time frame of 31 days. I have till about 5:00 PM tomorrow (6/18/08) to decide. I'll keep you informed.

No comments: