Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Upcomming Trip To Reno, Nevada

I won't have much time this weekend for updating my blog because early Saturday (6/14/08) I'm off to Coronation, 2008, in Reno, Nevada, and the step down of Emperor Gene LaPorte and Empress Pandora.

I have not been to Reno in a VERY long time, since my parents conceived me in fact, and I'll be staying at the Peppermill. I won a two day, one night stay for free in a raffle at Chico's Big Hair Ball, and figured this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. I'm most looking forward to seeing Daniel Surreal Foxxx, candidate for emperor of Reno, who donated the prize. I will also be making two applesauce cake loaves to give Emperor Gene and Empress Pandora as step down gifts. I hope they like them.

When I come back on Monday, I'll be turning in the paperwork to lease a different apartment. I feel like I need a change and I never really liked the complex I'm living in now.

This may be my last post till Monday at the latest, but if I think of anything else between now and 7:00 am on Saturday, I'll keep you informed.

I just thought of something. If you read my post yesterday, I was talking about the economic benefits of gay marriage to California. Never try to convince your opponent on a moral ground, stick to the practical reasons, and if they say "Well, you're going to hell!" reply "I may be going to hell, but you're going bankrupt."

No comments: