Saturday, June 7, 2008

Back from the "Shake & Bake"


Let me begin by offering my congratulations to Cuntay, Empress of San Jose on winning first prize in the Shake & Bake contest in Hayward, California tonight, and to Mama Cantrell for taking 2nd place honors, and I came in with a third place win. All three of us donated our prize money ($75, $50, and $25 respectively) back to the ISE, and helped them raise over $500 for charity. We can all be proud of the work we did tonight.

Now, I need to tell you I would be lying if I didn't admit to being a little disappointed in not winning 1st place, but being relieved to at least have made it into the top three. Sort of like the disappointment you see on the face of the silver medal Olympic athletes who feel they came so close to the gold, and the look of relief you see on the faces of the bronze medalists who realize how close they were to total anonymity (Does ANYONE remember the guy who came in fourth place for the decathlon during the last summer games?). Oh well, I'll do better next year. I'm already planning my cake for the 2009 Shake & Bake and can only say Empress Cuntay, Mama Cantrell, you'd better watch out. I have a goal set now (evil grin).

Anyway, after everything was over and done with at the Rainbow Room, I made it to the tail-end of the "Soul Train" event they were hosting at the world famous Turf Club. It seemed like everyone was having a good time and I wish I could have been in both places at once (sigh). The only dim spot on the Turf Club function (for me at any rate) was some drunk guy going around talking about how he knew all these big time Hollywood actors, how he knew Steven Spielberg, and how he was scouting for talent for a TV sitcom and a major motion picture. Yeah, right! Loser! I could only pay attention to about every third or fourth word out of his mouth anyway. Not only God, but the Devil is in the details, and this guy (Martin I think his name was) had something stuck between his two front upper teeth. I kept wanting to hand the man some dental floss and telling him to go to the bathroom or find a mirror somewhere and take care of it.

But, one doesn't wish to be rude. Does one?

I did meet a couple of cute guys at the Shake & Bake by the way, and I'm hoping to hear from one of them soon. I would say I'll keep you informed, but I'm thinking now I won't. I don't want him scared off at the thought that I'll talk about his skill at kissing or other activities on this blog.

I need to make an apology to you all by the way. Although I always said I would name names and to hell with anyone who didn't like what I had to say, I have decided to backpedal from that statement. I was informed by a friend of mine in Hayward, who reads my blog (and like most of my readers NEVER posts a comment {learn from this "ihateise"}) told me that by naming people I work with, I was leaving myself open to lawsuits from them and our employer. So, in the interests of self preservation, not to mention the conservation of my self directed trust fund, I have deleted the names of my co-workers that previously appeared in this blog. I have changed them all to the initials of those individuals, which should be enough.

By the way, I don't think the mysterious "ihateise" is going to go out and try to get me sued, because if s/he told any of the people I work with about what I said about them in my blog, I would then learn who the mysterious (and cowardly) "ihateise" is, and that person could bet their sweet (or should I say rancid) ass that I would keep you all informed.

No comments: