Monday, June 2, 2008

A Declaration of War!

Let me start this post by talking about how much fun I had at the "Celebration of Gospel" event hosted by Imperial Crown Princess (ICP) Uneke Chanel and Imperial Crown Prince Lou Mantueful at Club Paradise (thanks for letting us use your place Chris Davis) last night (6/1/08) here in Stockton, California. The entertainers were wildly enthusiastic and energetic, the food delicious (especially the macaroni salad and 'Wesley Toll House' cookies, but I'm probably biased since I made them myself), and everybody had a good time. Through the hard work of all involved, the Imperial San Joaquin Delta Empire (ISJDE) raised over $450.00! But after the event was over, it all went sour for me.

I was working in the sound booth that night because the regular DJ was sick and couldn't make it. When everything was done, one of the performers, whom I shall simply call The Misanthrope, came up to the little window the DJ uses to see what's going on on the stage and said "Give me my CD fat-ass!" 'Fat-ass'. That was a comment that was totally uncalled for. I did nothing to invite such verbal abuse. I was so busy working in the sound booth I doubt I spoke two words to The Misanthrope during the entire evening, and for some reason she took it into her head to insult my person, and upon reflection, I think she was also the one who made the hateful and hurtful comment about an earthquake when I had to run back into the DJ booth after getting a bottled water at the bar (It's hot in that little room!).

Well Misanthrope, I don't need you to remind me of my short comings! Yes! I have a weight problem, but I have also been working very hard to bring that under control and get back into shape! Maybe you were trying to be funny and amusing like Sondra St. James. If that's the case, you failed. Miserably! Maybe your excuse is that you were drunk, and didn't mean or even know what you were saying. Well I'm sorry Alcoholic Misantrhope, but intoxication is not a valid excuse. Alcohol does NOT make you or anyone say things against their will. It removes the filters and inhibitions a person has that keeps them from saying what they already really think. Also, don't try to deny you said what you did. If you do, I will throw that lie back in your face, because I have a witness. Someone else was in the sound booth with me and heard every mean thing that you said.

The bottom line is, Misantrhope, you had no call to say to me what you did, and believe me when I say that while you started this war between us, I will finish it! That is a bit of wisdom my mother passed onto me when I was in grade school. "Never start a fight, but always finish it".

I cannot, of course, personally ban you from attending any function hosted by the ISJDE and certainly by any other chapter of the Imperial Court System, or have anyone shun you as I will shun you, but here is what I can do;

  1. As far as I am concerned, you are "Persona Non Grata". A non-person. I will not see you, even if you are standing right in front of me.
  2. If you ever come to an ISJDE function again to entertain and I am working the sound system, when your CD comes up in the line-up, someone else will have to place it in the player, forward to the song track, and press play, because I won't.

These two things are all that I can do, and it will have to be enough, but let me conclude with this; if you approach me with violent intent and lay so much as the tip of your little finger on me, I WILL have you arrested for assault, and I WILL have a restraining order placed on you. I advise you don't push the issue, because as I say when playing chess, "You can play to win as quickly as possible, or you can play to win no matter how long it takes". Well no one can hold a grudge as well or as long as I can! I never forget a kindness, and I NEVER forgive a fault.

No comments: