Monday, April 14, 2008

Taxes; 2008

Well, for all you procrastinators out their, tomorrow is the deadline for filing your taxes for 2007.

I went to H & R Block to do mine this year. They were way complicated because of the money my grandmother (may she rest in peace) left me when she passed in late 2006 (has it been only that long?).

One of my co-wokers, Mai Wong, takes part of her vacation every year at this time so she can work full time at good ol' HRB, and she is the one who helped me get everything done.

I ended up actually paying extra to the State of CA, and got less back on my Federal than it cost to file, but that was mainly because the anuity company my grandmother had her money with did not take out enough in taxes for 2007. It will be better next year.

I've been thinking, by the way, what do do with my $600.00 tax rebate I'll be getting back from W's economic stimulus package. I'm most likely going to buy a digital camera so I can start uploading pictures to my blog. The rest, I'm going to put toward my vacation for October, 2008, when I'll once again be taking an Atlantis Events cruise along the Mexican Riviera. I plan to keep taking that cruise till I get maried it stops being fun (or both {ha ha}).

No comments: