Friday, April 25, 2008

My Next Big Risk

I have done very well so far with my Intrepid Potash (IPI) stock. VERY well indeed.

I acquired 100 shares at the opening price of $32/share, and in the first day of trading, saw it climb to $48/share for a paper profit of $1,600.

I have since purchased an additional 29 shares at various prices whenever it would drop $1/share, in $500 increments. Today was fanfucking amazing! This morning it dropped $1 from yesterday's closing price, and I bought another 10 shares, then watched with delighted satisfaction as it rose not only the $1 it fell, but an extra $3.35/share, for a 9% profit. As of today, my "paper profits" are $2,559.29. When I saw that this afternoon, I swear, I nearly shot a load all over myself.

Now, I would like to tell you about my next big risk.

Has anyone been paying attention to the price of oil and gasoline lately? I don't know about any of you, but I get a pain in my stomach AND ass (where I keep my wallet) every time I have to fill up my car. I can drive as to get as much mileage as possible, but their is just so much anyone can do. So it would seem that the smart place to put your money if you have any to invest is in oil stocks, and that's just what I'll be doing April 30th.

I'm getting in on the IPO of a limited partnership called "Southwest Energy Partners, Limited". The stock's initial price is expected to be between $19 & $21 per share. The company will also be paying a quarterly dividend, and I LOVE dividends. I'm hoping to get 400 shares, but I tried to get 300 of IPI but only got 100. I'll keep you informed.

On a more immediate note, I am just $1.73/share away from selling all but 17.0528 shares of my McDonald's (MCD) stock. Once it reaches $61.40, I plan to sell 110 shares, which after commissions are deducted, will be what I put into the MCD to begin with. The remaining shares will be $1,000 of pure profit I'm keeping for the dividend.

In the stock market as in Las Vegas, the best way to win is to play with the houses money!

No comments: