Monday, April 21, 2008

A Bigger Risk

Well, the IPO for Intrepid Potash, Inc., which will trade under the symbol IPI set the opening price today. Originally it was supposed to be between $27 and $29 per share, but the initial price will be $32 per share. This means my investment will cost $9,600, which will make it the largest single investment I have (not counting mutual funds) and the largest stock purchase I made at one time. It scares me.

All the fundamentals and reasons behind making this investment are sound, but still, the thought of committing such a large chunk of my inheritance is frightening. If it's a success, I'll make a mint, if it fails, I'll be in a stink bigger than the fertilizer I'm investing in.

Here's a link to "Jim Cramer's Mad Money", maybe you'll all find it as informative and entertaining as I did. http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=718129498.

Talk to you all later.

No comments: