Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sacramento's Coronation; 2008

I went to Sacramento's coronation last night and had a really good time. Emperor Bruce Bedrich & Empress Danika St. James were two of the loveliest and most charming monarchs I've seen in some time. They did so much good work during their reign they leave behind a legacy that future "E & Es" of not just the C.G.N.I.E., but any of the imperial court chapters will have a hard time living up to. I did overhear one snide comment from one of the visiting dignitaries about the evenings late start, and how the airline for "Flight 34" must have been Jet Blue (the theme for coronation was airplanes and airports).

The new Emperor and Empress of Sacramento and the C.G.N.I.E. was the delightful Precious Cargo and Santos Rosales. I (and I'm sure all of you) wish them well in their reign. I can hardly wait for their Investitures.

The only black mark on my evening was my new crown. I bought a replica of the circlet the character of Elrond wore in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy (I'm such a nerd). It looks good, but pinches my head and gives me a headache. Oh the things we do for beauty.

No comments: