Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last Night in San Jose

I went to San Jose's Imperial Investiture last night and had a great time. I arrived with smiles and good cheer, and left with a bloated stomach and indigestion.

Part of San Jose's investiture was a chicken eating contest. "Who could eat the most chicken wings in 3 minutes". Well, it was me, and my good friend Debbie from Modesto. We tied and split the $100.00 prize between us. Of course, we don't get to keep that money for ourselves, it goes to our favorite charities. In my case that will be the Imperial San Joaquin Delta Empire, and more specifically (if my court and board will let me) the "From the Heart" Project. That is our big Christmas fund drive which goes to buy clothes and toys for children who are either infected or affected by HIV/AIDS. It is, in my opinion, one of the most worthy things we do. Helping the children.

Last night was also my last real food binge. Today is Stockton's Investiture, and the kick-off for the first ever "Imperial Weight-Off-A-Thon". Combining elements of the "MS Read-A-Thon" and the hit TV show "The Biggest Loser". Today, my diet and exercise program begins in earnest. I, and others, will collect pledges for how much weight, per pound we can lose between today and 10/05/08. The end will be at Stockton's Bowl-A-Thon. So far it's just me and the Empress Lady Cranberry that I'm sure of taking part. Well see if any of the other people that show up today will also be taking part.

I gotta go get cleaned up now. So little time, and so much to do. Heavy is the head that wears a crown. (exaggerated dramatic sigh)

No comments: