Monday, April 21, 2008

Stockton's Investiture

By and large, I had a lot of fun last night at Investitures. We had a good turn-out, everybody seemed to enjoy themselves, and we raised a good chunk of change ($435.00).

I have to be honest though and say their were a few bad spots. As part of the activities last night, I began the Imperial Weight-Off-A-Thon. My starting weight was 262 lbs. If that wasn't bad enough, a few people were downright mean when I asked them if they would like to pledge a donation.

I always said I would name names in my blog, so here it goes. One person stands out in particular as an asshole when I asked if he would like to pledge a donation per pound I'd lose. The assholes' name? David Flemming! He kept saying things along the line of "How much are you going to lose? How are you going to lose it? What gym are you going to?" etc, etc, etc, and always with that self satisfied smirk on his face as if to say "How long can I keep him dangling on the line, hoping I'll donate, before he gives up." Well David, if you ever read this, F**K You! I don't have to put up with you or your shit. You may have been an emperor once, but that does not excuse you from being a decent, kind human being. If you didn't want to make a donation, just say so. Stop acting like royalty and start behaving like royalty.

He reminds me of a few people I came across way back in the 1980s during the height of the Ethiopian Famine. To help raise money for famine relief, I took part in a 24 hour fast. After it was over, and I went to collect the money from the people who pledged donations when I was done with fasting (and believe me, when you cannot eat for 24 hours it's not fast but VERY slow), they said "Well how the hell do I know you didn't sneak food?! How do I know you didn't eat?!" I think now those people never had any intention of paying the money they pledged, and were just making excuses and casting aspersions on my honesty to get out of it.

But am I bitter about people like them and David Flemming? ABSOLUTELY!

No comments: