Monday, November 10, 2008

This Was Disgusting

I just heard this on the news, and I found it totally disgusting. Someone in San Jose is wanted for torturing cats. One poor little cat had to be euthanized because it was in such bad shape after having rubber bands tied around it's paws, tail, and neck.

According to the news report, an award for information leading to the capture and arrest of the sicko responsible has been building up, and is now at $7,000.00. If if found the person responsible, I would ask that the money be donated to the A.S.P.C.A. and the Humane Society. For something like this, it would be wrong to keep the money.

It may not sound like such a big deal to some, I can hear a few people (none of my readers though, I'm sure) saying, "Hey, it's only cats." Well my friend, aside from the cruelty shown to a defenseless animal, serial killers like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, and Jeffrey Dahlmer got started by torturing animals, and if the Tao Te Ching teaches us anything, "It is easier to uproot a tree while it's still a sapling rather than fully grown."

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm ranting, but I am a cat person, and think the person who's been torturing those cats in San Jose has a special place in Hell reserved for them. If their is justice in the afterlife (and I think there is), Bastet will be his/her (but statistically more likely to be a "he") personal tormentor for the rest of Eternity, and if he re-incarnates, he'll come back as a cat.

No comments: