Monday, November 3, 2008

My Condolences to Barak Obama

I would like to extend my condolences to Barack Obama. I have just heard that his grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, 86, passed away after a battle with cancer.

Speaking as someone who lost a beloved grandmother, I know the pain of losing someone loved so deeply, and who played such a big part in forming you into the person you become. It hurts, it hurts a lot.

The day after the election, I plan to send Mr. Obama, who (god willing) will be President Elect on November 5th, a formal letter of condolence to him at his new address of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington D.C.. Maybe some of you will as well.

1 comment:

Art said...

Howdy Wesley,

Just a comment. I'd be careful of sending condolences to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue even if Ombama wins (and it looks most certain). The Bushes remain in residence there until January, and you know how the mail may be slowed or disappears entirely (much like the Florida votes in the last Presidential election).

Art