Sunday, November 30, 2008

December's BINGO-4 Days To Go

Only 4 more days till the I.S.J.D.E.'s December bingo game, and have I got something planned for the blackout prize!

What am I donating? A special gift basket I'm putting together myself. It will contain some of my fabulous fudge (guys just love to pack my fudge away), some of my Wesley Toll House cookies, some of my quickly becoming famous applesauce cake (got the recipe from my great-grandmother Julia), a 1 quart jar of homemade cherry pie oatmeal mix, and a 1 quart jar of my specially blended trail mix with dates and raisins.

I like to have the goodies I bake or make as fresh as possible when I give them away, so I started making them today with the fabulous fudge. It's cooling and solidifying even as I type this, and should be ready by Thursday's bingo game. I could put it in the refrigerator and it would be solidified sooner, but that tends to cause it to cool to quickly and get all grainy. No, the slow way is the best way.

Tomorrow (12/1/08) I will be making my "Wesley Toll House" cookies, and Tuesday (12/2/08) the applesauce cake.

I'm really hoping this gets more people out to our December bingo so we can raise as much money as possible for the I.S.J.D.E.'s "From The Heart" this year.

Not much else to talk about at the moment, but if anything else comes up, I'll keep you all informed.

No comments: