Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Feel Like I'm Letting My Friends Down

I was supposed to help with an I.S.J.D.E. court function today at Club Paradise, but was feeling to sick to do much of anything, and I feel guilty about it, like I'm letting all my friends down. I know none of them feel that way about me, and I don't want them or anyone to think I do think that, it's just something about me. Call it Irish Catholic Guilt if you want.

The sore throat started late Wednesday, and I began taking Theraflu, Traditional Medicinals herbal tea (echinacea), and other hot teas and beverages. My stomach is fine, but I've got a little phlegm, an annoying cough, and sneezing my nose off.

I could deal with all of that, it's not being able to help with the court function tonight that really makes me feel bad. I did do what I could to help though. I normally make the macaroni salad from scratch (a recipe my grandmother clipped out of a magazine from the 1950s), but considering I'm probably covered in flu germs, I got store bought instead. It's a really good macaroni & cheddar cheese salad I got from the deli section of the local grocery store. I hope everyone likes it.

I'm also going to be donating some money toward tonight's function total. I'll be giving Uneke (our ICP and board treasurer) the check at the next court/board meeting.

I should be well enough by next weekend to go to Modesto's Imperial Coronation. Emperor 34, Matthew Cantrell-Lucci and Empress 34 Tequila St. James have worked very hard and their step-down should be fantabulous!

I would like to suggest a new name by the way for Tequila to add to the long (you have no idea) list of names she uses. I think it would be fun to add Mockingbird to the end of the list, that way she would be Tequila Mockingbird ("To Kill A Mockingbird", get it?). What do all of you think?

No comments: