Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In 365 Days!

I'm almost to embarrassed to show you what I'm going to show you, and please understand, this is NOT the official "before" picture I plan on submitting to Nutrisystem. It's just for my blog.

This is me at 251 lbs, wearing my "Skinny Clothes". The shirt is a size large and the pants are 34" waist. I swear, I was once able to wear them buttoned up, and my plan, within the next 365 days is to be able to button them up again!

The weight kind of snuck up on me. It mostly started after 9/11. With everything that was happening that day, and the following days, I spent more time watching the news and eating pizza than going to the gym. Then I started gaining more while going to Heald College to get my accounting degree. I had more important concerns than going to the gym or watching my diet. Then, there was the depression of only being able to get temp-work and part time employment and having to depend on the loving kindness of my grandmother just to make my rent. There were other reasons as well, but I can hear what some of you are thinking, "Excuses, excuses, excuses!".

Well, I'm not making excuses now, I'm stating a goal. In 365 days (or less hopefully) I will take another picture like this wearing the same clothes. In 365 days, I WILL have the pants buttoned up! Hell, I may even take the picture without my shirt on. How hot would that be?!?!

No comments: