Monday, September 15, 2008

Bloodbath Monday!!! (Part 2)

Well, I was right. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 504.48 points today! That's a decline of 4.42%! When will the bleeding stop?!?!?!

Of my "Wesley's Top Ten", they only fell an average of 1.88%, with only Consolidated Edison (ED) rising $0.55 (or 1.26%).

I was able to pick up some more shares of AT&T (T), but the other stocks on my top ten list did not come down far enough for my automatic buy orders to be triggered. Thank goodness for small favors.

So, for those of you who have asked (and no one did) I have about 69% of my investment portfolio in cash and cash equivalents (ie short term T-Bills), 7% in a California Municipal Bond Fund, and the remaining 24% invested in my "Top Ten".

I'm staying away from the rest of the market though. Remember the mantra "WWHGD?"

No comments: