Monday, August 11, 2008

The Bidding Has Begun?

I'm phrasing it as a question, because the first bid on my first "Monthly At Home Dinner" hasn't technically been made yet. Some interest has been expressed, and one of my readers asked me to repeat the items I would be serving so he could consider it some more, but so far, nothing concrete.

I've also been debating with myself about the bidding. Should I let the bid be on a per plate basis, or should I set the condition that all three available place settings are included with the bid? It's a puzzler and a pickle.

I also have a question I'd like to ask you all. It's a moral quandary that has never come up for me before. I've already decided, but I would dearly like to know what any of you would do. This last Friday (8/8/08) I ordered some Chinese food delivered to my new apartment. The food was good, about what you would expect for delivery (What a shame DiGorno doesn't do Chinese). The next morning, when I step outside to begin the errands I had that day, I happen to look down, and there at my feet was a $10.00 bill. I knew it wasn't mine, because I paid the delivery guy 2 $20's and took back the $10 he gave me (placing it safely in my ceramic pineapple cookie jar) and gave him a $5 tip. So, the $10 had to have belonged to the delivery guy. My question to you all is, should I keep it, or should I call the restaurant and try to give it back?

What would you do? I'd really like to know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

keep it, but make sure it used for charity and then the karma evens out.