Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm Almost Ready to Forgive (Though I Will Never Forget)

It was over two yeard ago that I had declared war on a person I had named The Misanthrope. Well, I may be ready to forgive the person and put the past behind us. Please stress the "may be" part of that last sentence.

It was some time ago I made my "Declaration of War" for some hurtful comments made about my weight. Comments that were made because the person making them (read the post found by going to the link) chose to believe someone else when they told her I had purposely sabotaged her performance at the Celebration of Gospel show held at Club Paradise while I was working the DJ booth.

She told me that later, after she had gotten home and had had some time to cool down and think about it, that she realized I would never have done anything intentionally to sabotage her performance, and that when she looked more closely at her CD, she could see how it was so scratched up, it would have been a divine miracle of God for the CD to NOT skip.

I have made it quite clear, when I sent a FaceBook friend request to this person, that I would only forgive them, and accept their friendship once again (both in FaceBook and in reality), if she could explain why she believed that person in the first place. If she can do that, I can be forgiving, and remember, I said "If".

No comments: