Friday, August 27, 2010

A Blessing As Well As a Curse

I have often, in this very blog, bemoaned the way I often feel invisible. Ignored to the point where I feel I don't exist or that I'm just observing the world through a pane of glass. I see the world but I'm not able to touch it or take part in that selfsame world. However, I've recently had an epiphany that has made me realize that being, for all intents and purposes "invisible", can be a blessing as well as a curse.

For when people don't see you as worthy of notice, you notice them doing things they wouldn't normally want anyone too see. The invisibility becomes a sword. It can cut both ways.

I must speak in ambiguities on this matter though, because to speak more clearly and be specific with the details could open me up to retribution. For experience has taught me that the people who treat others as somehow less important and less worthy of respect and consideration hate nothing so much as to have their unjust and unfair behavior pointed out to them. They love to say "Life isn't fair" and then go out of their way to show you just how "unfair" they personally can make it for you.

So, I speak in vague and generalities, much like Nostradamus did with his prophecies written as poetry, and thus he did protect himself from the heretic hunters of the catholic church, and much like Nostradamus I am protected from the bullies who would cry foul and try taking me to court for "defaming" them.

Therefore, I hold to one of my motto's "Video et audio et taceo" which is Latin (and not very good Latin, but I do try) for "I see all, I hear all, I say nothing", and to paraphrase Quark from one of my favorite TV shows (Deep Space Nine) "When they smile at you be careful. For the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife".

No comments: