Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thank You Mr. Pfiefer

I just received a spam e-mail, very badly disguised as something important, and it probably had (as they say on the TV commercials) a computer virus (YIKES!!!).

How did I know? What makes me think it had a virus? Oh, just something my history teacher during my senior year at Berlin American High School taught once a long, long, long (well, maybe not THAT long ago) time ago. You see, the e-mail was not only from someone I don't know, the person's last name was Sanssouci, which is the name of the summer palace of Frederick the Great, King of Prussia, and the topic was vacation bargains in Guatemala.

So, thank you Mr. Pfiefer, wherever you may be, and you were right, you never know when what you learn in history class will come in useful.

Those who do not learn from history, are condemned to get taken in by an Internet scam and risk a computer virus.

No comments: