Sunday, October 26, 2008

Vacation Report-2008

Well, I'm back from my vacation everybody, and I had a fantastically good time! I know I said I would be posting a vacation diary, but I was having so much fun, and so much was happening I just didn't have time. I tried to be everywhere and see and do everything.

I was up Saturday morning (10/18/08) at 2:00 a.m. to finish packing so I could be out the door and on my way to the airport by 3:30 a.m. I arrived early enough that when I was finally able to board the plane, I was able to get a window seat in the front row (normally I like sitting on the isle) and had some great news. Either they're making the seats wider, or I lost more weight than I thought, because I didn't feel squeezed in this time.

Then the bad news hit. I got to the airport in LA and the airline put one of my suitcases on the wrong airplane. I landed at 8:30 a.m., and my second of my two pieces of checked luggage arrived at 12:30 p.m. Southwest took my report and said they would rush my suitcase to the port, and Royal Caribbean said if the suitcase had arrived after the ship departed, they would forward it to our first port of call (Ixtapa), but still, I would have been two days without a change of clothing. Fortunately, my suitcase did arrive before we pulled out of port. Yahoo!

So, after a bit of a rough beginning, my vacation ended up being one of the best times in my life. Pictures will be posted soon.

No comments: