Monday, October 13, 2008

Modesto's Closet Ball

I meant to post this Sunday, October 12th, but with one thing and another, I wasn't able to. I'm getting closer and closer to my 2nd cruise vacation with Atlantis Events, and I spent most of yesterday either at the gym or shopping for supplies. I'll wait till Friday though before I buy the "supplies" I'll need for special activities so I'll have them nice and fresh.

Anyway, the Modesto Closet Ball, 2008, was a lot of fun, and the new Closet Ball Queen, Missy, looks like she's well up to the challenge. The transformation from Corry (her boy name, and sorry if I spelled it wrong) to Missy (again, sorry if I spelled it wrong) was truly remarkable, though the shaving of the goatee had a lot to do with it. Here are some before and after pictures of Modesto's new Closet Ball Queen;

Corry as a boy.

(He's the one in the white tank-top t-shirt)


Introducing Missy!

Like I said, the transformation was truly remarkable!

The entertainers were all fantastic, but I do have to say, Mama Cantrell should have done the "Let Me Entertain You" song from the musical "Gypsy". The dress she was wearing was a dead ringer for the one that Natalie Wood wore in the movie. Don't get me wrong, her performance was fantastic, I just thought the other would have been a better one, especially since the one dress strap kept slipping down (though in the movie, Gypsy removed it on purpose).

No comments: