Monday, July 4, 2011

Rude People & the 6:00 a.m. Cutoff

I've noticed lately that when I get to the gym before 6:00 a.m., it's not only less crowded, but the people seem so much nicer.

Today, I got to the gym at about 8:00 a.m., and the people were NOT nice.

I do a circuit training system I've been developing and tinkering with for a while now, based on the book "Spartan Warrior Workout" by Dave Randolf. When I say tinkering, I mean that I've adapted it to my somewhat hurried schedule, so that I get the maximum amount of training in the minimum amount of time.

The only monkey wrench in the gears comes when someone decides to use the same piece of equipment that I need to use.

I honestly don't mind sharing the facilities, for although I think I'm the most important person in my world, I believe in being considerate of others. I just wish certain others felt the same way.

At one of the chest press machines, I asked the person who had just finished using it if I could work in on the same machine. His response; "I've just got one more set". Well, he just sat there for two minutes (Yes, I timed him) doing nothing. If he was taking a break, why couldn't I use the machine in the meantime, because really, it doesn't take me two minutes to pump out 10 reps at the current weight I press.

Then, at the pull-up machine, a different person draped her towel over the handlebar and just walked away. I asked her if I could use the machine while she was gone, but she just said "I'm coming right back". Well folks, I noticed that she did come back after about 5 minutes. Where was she in the meantime? Talking to her husband/boyfriend or whatever he was to her. I wanted to scream "THIS IS NOT A SINGLES BAR, LADY!" but sadly, couldn't bring myself to do it.

Things like this always happen when I get to the gym after 6:00 a.m.

No comments: