Friday, October 2, 2009

Counting Down the Days

Only 16 days left till my next cruise vacation!

For the last couple of days, ever since I received my itinerary for the cruise from Atlantis Events & Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, I've been planning what activities I'm going to do, seeing what performers will be on board, and deciding what shore excursions I'm going to take.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I found out Alec Mapa & Shann Carr would not be among the featured comedians this year. They are both SOOOOO funny, but it is probably because they are both SOOOOO funny that they are also probably incredibly busy and could not find time this year. Oh well (loud, sad sigh).

I have also just finished booking my shore excursions for this trip. I went through the brochure and picked a primary and two alternates for each city we will be stopping in.

In Cabo San Lucas, I hope to go on a guided walking tour of the city. I tried going on it last year but it had been canceled for lack of participation. In Mazatlan I will be taking a walking tour of "Historic Old Mazatlan". Some of the friends I made on my last cruise took this trip last year and say it's worth it if only for the stop at this old style Mexican bakery. Now in Puerto Vallarta I'm not going on a walking tour, I'm going of a hiking exploration of the Sierra Madres.

I am so looking forward to all of my shore excursions, but just in case, I've got my list of two alternate excursions for each city (as I mentioned earlier) just in case any of my primaries get canceled (which happened at all of the cities we stopped at last year except Mazatlan), and I am to much of a chicken-shit to risk not getting back to the ship in time before it sails. If I miss the boat because of the tour guide, the tour company has to pay for me to get to the next stop. If I miss the boat because I f**ked up, I have to pay to get to my next stop.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I'm going to a friends home tonight for dinner, and tomorrow I'm off to my annual pilgrimage to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire. I'll have pictures of my Faire experience soon.

Till later, don't worry, I'll keep you informed.

OH! By the way, a special "Romantic Dinner For Two" will be featured on my upcoming instalment of "The Recipe of the Month" this Sunday.

No comments: