Wednesday, October 7, 2009

That Last 25% . . . .

My grandmother, Irene, was a woman of great wisdom, and she said something to me once, when I was a little child, that I have remembered ever since.

I don't remember what had made me so upset, and why she told me what she did, but it stayed with me a lot longer than the problem she helped me through.

Now, I'm going to share some more of Her Wisdom with you;

"The World is broken up into four different types of people.
25% that will like you for the right reasons,
25% that will like you for the wrong reasons,
25% that won't like you for the wrong reasons,
and 25% that won't like you for the right reasons."

She went on to say, and this was the core of her lesson;

"It's only that last 25% that anyone should ever be concerned about."

It's not been easy, but ever since that day, I have tried to live my life by the wisdom of those words.

No comments: