Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Updating My Readers

Hi, everybody. It's been a while since my last post, but I've got a very good reason. Well, two very good reasons.

First, I've been cast in the Stockton Civic Theatre's production of "Annie Get Your Gun", but then I mentioned that in a previous post (Mac, the Prop Man). The reason I haven't been posting is all the time I've had to devote to rehearsals, and it's only the third day.

It's been a long time since I've been in an actual theatrical production and I forgot how much work goes into putting on a live stage show, let alone something as complicated and detailed as AGYG.

The second reason is that with this new demand on my time, I've had to schedule everything I want to get done to practically the last minute. I've got work, I've got the play, and I've got the gym to get my sad, overweight body into better shape (instead of pear shaped).

I've managed to get to the gym every morning for an hour of cardio on the treadmill for three days in a row! But to do that, I'm in bed by 9:30 PM to 10:00 PM, awake at 3:30 AM to get to the gym by 4:00 AM, so I can do my workout with enough time to get back home, and out the door again by 7:30 AM so I make it on time for work at 8:00 AM until quiting time at 4:30 PM, and then rehearsals promptly at 6:00 PM, after which, of course, the whole thing starts over again.

I don't have rehearsals this coming Thursday or Friday since they are still doing their production of "The Children's Hour" (and if you haven't seen it, "GO!", you won't be sorry), and I was told they never have rehearsals on those days when they have a show going on.

I'm not complaining though. I'm going to use that time to do a little baking Friday after work. I'm planning to take a big batch of my "Wesley Tollhouse Cookies" to the Saturday rehearsal, and another batch to church at Valley Ministries Church on Sunday.

Such a busy life! I hope you like reading about it, because I plan on keeping you informed.

No comments: