Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Fourth Commandment

Thou shall use thy stores discount card

Whenever I go to the grocery store, they used to ask if I would like to get a discount or "Loyalty Card".

At first, I would always say "NO", thinking they were just trying to sell me something else or get my name for a mailing list, and at the time I didn't want that. One day though, my resolve broke, and I said yes, and I am so glad I did.

To see how much money you would save, take your 'Top Ten Groceries' list and find out what their prices are. Then, ask the store manager what you would save on those items if you were to use a discount card. Also (and I'm not being paid for this endorsement) see if the store offers bonus incentives like a discount on gasoline if you buy over a certain amount the way Safeway does.

No comments: