Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Just Cannot Win

First, let me start off by saying "I am not dead". I've just been so busy with work and my commitments with the I.S.J.D.E., that I've had precious little time for blogging. Now, onto my post for today.

I thought today went rather well.

First I weighed myself on my scale and discovered to my delight, I had lost 2 pounds. Then, at work, everything went like clockwork. Everything was going great for me today.

Then, I got home.

Last month, February 5th, 2009, was the monthly bingo game of the I.S.J.D.E., and with the exception of the bartender Tim, and my friends from the Imperial Court of Modesto (You guys are the greatest), no one came.

That got me to thinking we needed a change of venue for the monthly event, so I began making inquiries and have all but completed the requirements to have our March Bingo game on the 19th at the Valley Ministries Church, here in Stockton. I sent out an e-mail to everyone that comes to our bingo games to let them know tonight's game was canceled and the location for bingo on the 19th. The result was not what I expected.

I won't go into details, and I won't mention names, so lets just say, I made some people happy, and I made some very unhappy. I just cannot win. I never meant to make anyone upset or angry. That was the furthest thing from my mind. I just wanted to get a nice place for the game where more people could come to not only play bingo but have fun, food and friendship. I got it all wrong. Totally, and completely wrong, and I feel like an inconsiderate idiot.

There was one bright spot for me today after I got home. The dinner I made came out wonderfully well.

I prepared Hamburger Helper Lasagna Ala Wesley. It was an easy enough dish to make. I just followed the directions on the box and added 1 diced yellow onion and green pepper, a thinly sliced jalapeno pepper, and 1/2 pound of mushrooms. Delicious. I should have added a little tobacco sauce for an extra kick, but I know that now for next time.

I also just remembered that I didn't post my Recipe of the Month last Sunday, and for that I am also sorry. I have some good news though for all my loyal readers (yes, all four of you). Starting this Sunday, 3/8/09, I will be posting a weekly recipe. A sort of "Dinner On A Dime" feature, along with other money saving, helpful household hints.

So, stay tuned.

No comments: